Here is a mostly full list of what to look forward to in the next version of Web Export.
Refresh Page on Change - If you export a web page locally and you have it opened in your browser the page will refresh. When is this good? If you are making changes and previewing them in multiple browsers the page in each browser will be updated to show your changes.
Export all artboards - If you have a multiple artboards this option will export all of them all at once.
Export all artboards to a single page - If you want to export all artboards to a single page you can do that now. Navigation and keyboard controls are added to the page so you can move through each artboard.
Overflow - If you want to add scroll bars to your artboard or hide content that extends past your artboard then you can use this option to change that behavior.
Scale to fit (New) - With this option enabled an artboard that is larger than the browser viewport is scaled to fit. You can also scale to fit on double click, when the browser is resized and restore the scale to the actual size on double click.
Alternative Font - It became apparent that people are using their favorite fonts for their designs. When you export to the web, for the design to look the same, the viewer has to have the same font installed on their computer. If they don’t the font the browser uses a default font and the default font is not always positioned correctly. This option provides a way for you to set a list of alternative fonts.
Easier Exporting - Exporting involves selecting an export location directly (API limitation). This currently involves multiple clicks. But now, after opening the dialog you can repeatedly press enter and you will eventually export.
Repeat Last Export - If you are frequently making changes and checking you can use this new menu item to export to the same location without showing a dialog. Assign a key combination to this and exporting becomes a snap.
- Added open folder and open localhost links after export (not supported in Windows)
- Added support for showing last modified date (turn Auto Refresh on & name any text field “LastModifiedDateLabel”)
- Export no fonts at all by setting alternative fonts to “none” then set font-family in artboard styes
- Added link to forums in the menu
- Added Live Export to export on option change (experimental). Click the header to enable or disable.
- Added Export Last Artboard to menu (assign a keyboard shortcut to export)
- Some exported images used the same name
- Some created ids were not unique causing pages to display incorrectly
- Some text was removed when it contained “$1” inside
- Page has higher fidelity with text positioning
- Page has higher fidelity in Windows browsers
- Fixed straight lines not being exported
- Fixed images not showing in Safari
- Fixed rare cases of duplicate ids when exporting a plethora of artboards
- Scale slider is not fully support on legacy browsers (no support for input range controls)
- Scale slider tool tip has no support in MS browsers