Hurricane and other issues

Hi everyone,
A few months ago I posted the latest upgrade to Web Export and the other plugins. It took over a year of work on and off and used in production. With all the products I made paid versions as well as kept the free versions.

This last month or so I have had malaria (something similar), motor accident, robbed (scammed), went through a hurricane and had numerous other issues.
I have made Web Export free (although there is a paid version with examples) for four years. I tried to live off the support of the paid version but it was not enough.

I finally saw the number of downloads per month for my products a few weeks to a month ago. It was a lot of downloads but not even a drop for paid. I know the creative crowd does not have a lot of money. Not as much as other industries. But there were over 100k downloads per month for a time and the paid accounts added up to less than one tenth of the cost of basic necessities (I don’t want to give numbers but it’s less than a handful).

I have made the free version free for as long as possible and now as affordable as possible ($1 a month). I don’t know what to do. Creatives need to live and need financial support but so do developers. The free version was fully featured and free for 4 years and I changed it two months ago to $1 bc I don’t make enough). The paid version was $99 with 50 examples and all my other products included free with a few sales a month. The amount of income per month didn’t change. Only when I made the free version to a $1 subscription with free trial the users dropped 100x.

If you like these products please subscribe or tell me what I need to do to get subscriptions. If there are other issues mention them here or dm.

Web Export is close to being an ideal tool for web development but needs money to get there. I know it has some issues. It’s about 80%. I’ll be coming out with a few new guides hopefully soon.

I don’t actually like the subscription model for somethings but it guarantees that the person writing the software has a certain amount of income coming in per month. And as long as land lords are able to charge whatever they want they will create poverty wherever the income is not balanced with the outcome.

For example, and this is a real life example, if you live in zone where the expenses are 1000 and you make 2000 then you have 1000 left per month to use for other things like basic necessities. But if the land lords get together and do something like set a market price to something like 2000 and your employer doesn’t match that then you have no disposable income. Your asshole landlord can make you poor under our current system.

“Fred raised his rent from 1000 to 2000 so I’ll raise my rent to 2000 too so I can get market prices!” well did your tenants get a raise to match the expenses? When you raised rent to 2000 did you check if the people renting are getting that same amount of income?

When you have two different groups setting the price for income and the price for outcome (expenses) that never talk to each other and there are no price controls to prevent exploitation you have a terribly designed system.

Wait, you’re saying one person pays you a specific amount for the work you do for them and a totally unrelated narcissitic pyschopathic person sets the price for basic necessities? Is this hell? Why can’t we settle land like our ancestors did? They didn’t pay rent on a continual basis. They didn’t suffer poverty or homelessness. There wasn’t even a word in their language for it.

What we have is slavery. Henry George said in Progress and Poverty, that if you block someone from the resources they need to survive they either become your slaves to get them, or they die from lack of access or they revolt.

Yes there is worse slavery called chattel slavery and there is better slavery called debt slavery but we’re in the middle at wage or work slavery. It’s work or die. The natives had it better, as long as the other tribes weren’t attacking they had it better. And the settlers did too. It’s been documented.

In my opinion the catalyst for horrible things happens when a group of horrible people decide you can’t access the resources that nature gave you. People say life isn’t fair. That’s a lie. Life is fair or nature to be specific. Nature gives you everything you need to survive. It’s people and often greedy selfish people who gatekeep the resources nature meant for all and say, “You have to do things for me or I won’t let you access food and water. You’ll die.” That’s the exact same definition of slavery. “Work or die”

Those guys support this. Those guys support genocide of native people, they support slavery, they support starvation warlord landlord tactics, they are not good people. They are want you to suffer for their pleasure. We have fucking robots you assholes. We can have them do all the work you stupid fucks. In the corona pandemic we realized we only need 20% of the work force to survive. All people can survive with 20% of people working. We could have robots do that.

If you support survival of the fittest it’s not that. We throw out 40% of the food we create. We have enough food with current and vertical farming to produce food for 7x the consumption in the world. It’s not survival of the fittest. It’s the people controling the levers of society starving their own children. Neglecting to feed the people in society. Its wreckless endangerment and wrongful death. It’s not survival of the fittest because we have all the resources to feed and cloth and shelter everyone. It’s social death by psychopaths.

If a mother doesn’t feed her children and lets them die that’s not survival of the fittest. It’s neglect. It’s the mother being irresponsible. It’s the mother not doing her responsibilities. If your society has poverty and homelessness and 40% of food is discarded and 40% or housing is unused, then your society fails. Your society is oppressive and even evil. If you block people from the food and shelter nature provides and then blames them for that your society is a failure.

Thomas Paine said that the goal of society should be that the person born today should have a better experience than the person born prior to that time. If your society is getting worse or more expensive it’s a failure and you’re a failure for not improving it.

Why is it that a man can live and feed and provide for himself and a family on a deserted island but if he and his family live in a place like New York City or San Francisco he would have trouble accomplishing this same exact task?