Web Export has been upgraded to support the new plugin API. This allows you to save your preferences with your artboard and it will be retained when if you send your .xd file to someone else.
This changes improves the export time by up to 30 times in some cases. However, you may have to manually import your settings.
I’m going to create a separate topic that you can vote on if you want an importer written. The reason not to write one is that it will take time away from other features and there may not be people using these features yet and setting settings may be easy to add back in.
From now on any changes you make in the options panels means you have to save the document to save the changes. This is good in that you can redo and undo settings as you work but you have to remember to save your document.
You can also defining your own template and add your own styles and scripts.
Also, planned for future development release are the following:
- Defining a custom media query - Lets say create a fluid website and you want to show a hamburger menu when the view port is 600 pixels wide. You can hide the element by default and then use a media query to show the icon when the view port is 600 pixels or less. link
- Define settings multiple custom media queries - Lets say you have a row or grid of items or images. As you resize the view you want to set different styles. With this feature you can add multiple queries and define the values in each one.
- Define settings for pseudo classes - If you have an element that you want to use as a button you can select it and then set properties for different pseudo states like hover, down and active. link
- Export as skin - This feature will export a group or symbol as a SVG skin. You name the layers inside the group as up, down, hover and active and a button skin will be created from it. It’s like the feature above but you only have to indicate that you want to automatically create those states.
State support - This would allow you to create different states that you could switch to later via code. If you have a pop up menu you can define select it and define a state for it to be shown. It will be invisible unless you set
- Flex box support - When you have items in a group in XD they are currently absolutely positioned. Adding Flex box support allows you to tell the browser to layout of the elements dynamically. Combining this with multiple query support allows you to change an elements layout properties as a page size changes. link
- Grid box support - Grid support allows you to layout elements in a flexible way using lines and names. It is a powerful layout system but can be complicated to learn. This would allow you to visually add lines, rows and cells and anchor positions to them. link
- Export as component - Let’s say you create a search box for your web page. This feature would allow you to select the group of graphics that look like a text input and actually make it a text input.
- List external libraries to link in - Add a list of libraries that you can link in on export. link
- Deep linking for slide show - As you move from artboard to artboard update the URL so you can link to it later. link
I’ll be adding these as features here on the forums but it would be helpful for you to vote on them, provide your own use cases or create your own feature requests to help refine them. What you vote on helps determine what features and plugins are built.
In the Alignment plugin there is a new secondary screen where you can manually see and set the position of an element through a form. It also tells you the x and y positions relative to the group it is in.
This is a new plugin that lets you change the font or font size of all the selected elements. It is still in development but it is interesting.